Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Special Day, A Special Friend

My friend and I spent an afternoon together the other day. We went to lunch and saw a show at the Sight and Sound Milenium in Lancaster about The Christmas Story. It was a wonderful show about the birth of Christ, there were 'live' animals lead down the aisles and the stage was wrapped around us on 3 sides. As I sat there watching with amazement 'angels' floated down from the ceiling and were suspended in mid air, live doves were released to fly of in the distance, I was in awe for I've never seen anything quite so beautiful. Of course in dealing with live animals you can't always follow script, which caused a chuckle from the audience and also caused the actors playing Mary and Joseph to loose momentum for a bit when the donkey releaved himself on stage as Mary and Joseph lay down for the night awaiting the birth of Jesus. All in all it was a wonderful story and the actors were superb!





No comments: