Thursday, October 21, 2010

Autumn

Here it is, one of the most beautiful times of the year. How quickly summer faded away.  It'll soon be time to change the clocks to standard time again.  Hard to believe!  I love this time of year when there's a chill in the air and leaves start turning beautiful burnt colors and fall to the ground.  I enjoy the fragrance of dried leaves, they bring back good memories of when I was a teenager and had to rake them.  Also when my sons were small and I would rake leaves in big piles so they could jump in and play.  Oh what wonderful times we had.  Reminds me that Thanksgiving isn't far away. Of pumpkin pie and all the wonderful aromas of cinnamon and spices. This time of year also reminds me of how very blessed I am and how thankful that I live in a place where the seasons change so beautifully!

No comments: